Decisions Decisions
Dear Direct Line
I would like you to investigate an issue where my policy was not properly cancelled and would fully appreciate the return of the premiums dated May - August.
Kind Regards
Mum in a Spin
OR
Dear Direct Line (Adjustments department)
In July of last year, I took delivery of what became one of the great loves of my life, a sparkling red Seat Leon Cupra R. I immediately called you to ensure that should it come to any harm, you would be my partner in returning it to its former glory. I had no doubt that as a very loyal customer (I believe you've provided insurance for over 7 years for me, including both my dearly departed first car and my very own Dagenham dustbin that expired in a tragic accident last year), I would enjoy the fine and efficient service I've come to expect from you.
Unfortunately, in September of last year, I had an accident of a different sort and misplaced my long term partner in what I believe is called a relationship breakdown. I was sad to hear that this wasn't covered on my Green Flag insurance but soldiered onwards in any case. In April of this year, I finally got round to sorting out all of my affairs and called you to cancel the policy as my mode of transportation was by then a more sedate Peuguot 106 Diesel (can I recommend to you that you never drive one should the opportunity be provided to you, her nickname of Goat comes from both the similarities in handling and 0-60 time).
I spoke to a very kind man who told me that he could sort out the cancellation of my policy but warned me that should I cancel immediately, my ex would lose his right to the named driver NCB that you cleverly offer to your clients (smart marketing move there I think personally). Now many a woman would cancel without a second thought whilst making plans to cut the arms off his suits, but by now, I had come to terms with his torrid affair with a 19 year old and Karma being the little madam that it is, had provided me with a beautiful house, two healthy children and a very happy new relationship whilst he had his alcoholic girlfriend and spiralling debts.
I called him and told him he needed to immediately call yourselves to arrange his own policy, which he did and sent me a text to inform me of the situation. I promptly called the call centre back and let them know that I now no longer needed any insurance. Your kindly operative informed that everything was in hand and that it was all sorted.
It was with therefore some suprise that recently checking my bank statements (I do avoid it where possible as I've moved to a new area with some fantastic shops) that I discovered you had taken 4 subsequent payments. These payments total a rather nice amount and its for this reason that I'm asking you to confirm that the account has now been cancelled and the return of said payments. I outline my reasoning below:-
a) I'm suprised your system allows the same car to be insured twice with the same driver, you may want to look into that, I'm sure there's a business systems error there somewhere
b) Its morally reprehensible that I should be insuring my ex to drive around in the car that I loved, ferrying what can only be described as a slightly skinnier version of Vicky Pollard whilst I drive the aforementioned Goat.
c) I promise faithfully that once I rise back to a position where I can afford something that goes quicker than 47mph downhill with a tailwind, I will immediately return to Direct Line as a loyal customer.
Somewhat tongue in cheek, yours
Mum in a Spin
I would like you to investigate an issue where my policy was not properly cancelled and would fully appreciate the return of the premiums dated May - August.
Kind Regards
Mum in a Spin
OR
Dear Direct Line (Adjustments department)
In July of last year, I took delivery of what became one of the great loves of my life, a sparkling red Seat Leon Cupra R. I immediately called you to ensure that should it come to any harm, you would be my partner in returning it to its former glory. I had no doubt that as a very loyal customer (I believe you've provided insurance for over 7 years for me, including both my dearly departed first car and my very own Dagenham dustbin that expired in a tragic accident last year), I would enjoy the fine and efficient service I've come to expect from you.
Unfortunately, in September of last year, I had an accident of a different sort and misplaced my long term partner in what I believe is called a relationship breakdown. I was sad to hear that this wasn't covered on my Green Flag insurance but soldiered onwards in any case. In April of this year, I finally got round to sorting out all of my affairs and called you to cancel the policy as my mode of transportation was by then a more sedate Peuguot 106 Diesel (can I recommend to you that you never drive one should the opportunity be provided to you, her nickname of Goat comes from both the similarities in handling and 0-60 time).
I spoke to a very kind man who told me that he could sort out the cancellation of my policy but warned me that should I cancel immediately, my ex would lose his right to the named driver NCB that you cleverly offer to your clients (smart marketing move there I think personally). Now many a woman would cancel without a second thought whilst making plans to cut the arms off his suits, but by now, I had come to terms with his torrid affair with a 19 year old and Karma being the little madam that it is, had provided me with a beautiful house, two healthy children and a very happy new relationship whilst he had his alcoholic girlfriend and spiralling debts.
I called him and told him he needed to immediately call yourselves to arrange his own policy, which he did and sent me a text to inform me of the situation. I promptly called the call centre back and let them know that I now no longer needed any insurance. Your kindly operative informed that everything was in hand and that it was all sorted.
It was with therefore some suprise that recently checking my bank statements (I do avoid it where possible as I've moved to a new area with some fantastic shops) that I discovered you had taken 4 subsequent payments. These payments total a rather nice amount and its for this reason that I'm asking you to confirm that the account has now been cancelled and the return of said payments. I outline my reasoning below:-
a) I'm suprised your system allows the same car to be insured twice with the same driver, you may want to look into that, I'm sure there's a business systems error there somewhere
b) Its morally reprehensible that I should be insuring my ex to drive around in the car that I loved, ferrying what can only be described as a slightly skinnier version of Vicky Pollard whilst I drive the aforementioned Goat.
c) I promise faithfully that once I rise back to a position where I can afford something that goes quicker than 47mph downhill with a tailwind, I will immediately return to Direct Line as a loyal customer.
Somewhat tongue in cheek, yours
Mum in a Spin
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home