Thursday, August 10, 2006

The lodger

Not long after I moved into my house, my lodger moved in. It wasn't what I had envisaged, after all, this was going to be the house where, should I choose, I could dance round the lounge naked (tho in retrospect, I still need to sort blinds out because the neighbours are awfully close).

However, its brought about something I never considered when he requested he sleep on my lounge floor for an indefinite amount of time. See the lodger is my brother, he's going through a slightly tough time with the lady in his life and I wanted him to have the space to work things out, though goodness knows there's not a lot of space in a 2 bed coachhouse with me, TW and MC and the 6ft presence of my brother.

On a totally practical level, its fab to have someone around who can hang pictures (it was the mirror that would have killed me, I can read the headlines now "Girl found under faux leather surround reflective piece"), he sorted my washing machine and wired all the gadgets that make up a corner of my lounge.

However, I would have coped. Instead, I have something so much better, its lovely just to have someone around. Someone to bounce ideas off, he makes me laugh, we talk about everything from serious relationship stuff through the meaning of religion and he plays an amazing game of PGR3. He's also awesome for telling me when I don't look right in the latest purchase from Next and cooks the best mash ever.

And then there's his amazing music collection...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home